Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Weeping for an Old Friend



I was found a few older Haiku that remind me of the loneliness of fall

ruby rose blossoms
next to the nuclear plant…
dew, like teardrops, falls


1999


Amidst clutter
    forgotten fruit … grows mold
2007

The sounds of chewing
do not disguise the silence,
nor mask the pain.


2007



silence of dinner
broken, unexpected snap
two mice in one trap


2007


Todays haiku:
memories whisper
heartaches silence desire
lovers robbed of taste




My favorite poem on loneliness:  (written in 93 and revised in 2000)


WEEPING FOR AN OLD FRIEND

In the storm's aftermath
we search for candles
and check for damage.
The venerable oak came down
in slow agony,
rattling the windows
and our nerves.

I weep in silence
for the loss of my friend:
mute reminder
of my children climbing
and laughing
among leafy branches.

I am left with an ache
as when my best friend
moved away.
Grieving is useless,
but I still grieve.
The tree is gone
only a hole remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment